cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing integration directory scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to move scenarios from one instance of XI to another. The instances are running on the same OS (AIX v5.2) and database (UDB v8.1). i am running version 3.0 of XI. The first instance (A_IX) is at SP11 and the second instance (B_IX) is at SP12. I am running java v1.4.2.06 on my clients.

I can successfully export the scenario frin A_XI, move the file to the import directory of B_XI, and start the import from the tools>import config... The exposted file apprears in the dialog screen, I can select the file and start the import process which eventaully fails with a null pointer error.

#9 15:08:12 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog: Throwable

Thrown:

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.ib.core.transport.api.TransportCsException

com.sap.aii.ib.core.transport.api.TransportCsException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.pvc.PvcTransport.pvcImport(PvcTransport.java:134)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.pvc.DirPvcTransport.pvcImport(DirPvcTransport.java:74)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.service.InternalDirTransportServiceImpl.pvcImport(InternalDirTransportServiceImpl.java:127)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.InternalTransportServiceImpl.importZippedStream(InternalTransportServiceImpl.java:691)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.InternalTransportServiceImpl.importFromImportSource(InternalTransportServiceImpl.java:358)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.TransportServiceImpl.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceImpl.java:151)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceBean.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceBean.java:74)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl10.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl10.java:730)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl10p4_Skel.dispatch(TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl10p4_Skel.java:98)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java)

Serialized server exceptions:

MESSAGE ID: java.lang.NullPointerException (serialized)

java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.sldaccess.gen.LDAccess.getSAPBusinessSystem(LDAccess.java:271)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.sldaccess.gen.LDAccess.getMySAPIntegrationServerBusinessSystem(LDAccess.java:242)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.sldaccess.gen.LDAccess.getMyBusinessSystemGroup(LDAccess.java:201)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.sldaccess.gen.LDAccess.getBusinessSystemNameInMyGroup(LDAccess.java:151)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.postprocessing.TransportPostprocessor.renameService(TransportPostprocessor.java:638)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.postprocessing.TransportPostprocessor.createNewXiKeyFor_RD_ID_RA_SA(TransportPostprocessor.java:867)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.postprocessing.TransportPostprocessor.postprocessTransport(TransportPostprocessor.java:378)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.postprocessing.DirImportPostprocessor.postprocess30Import(DirImportPostprocessor.java:100)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.postprocessing.InternalPostprocessingService.postprocess(InternalPostprocessingService.java:171)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.postprocessing.PostprocessingService.doPostprocessing(PostprocessingService.java:164)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.pvcadapt.XIDirPropagationProvider.transportFinished(XIDirPropagationProvider.java:90)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.pvc.PvcTransport.pvcImport(PvcTransport.java:106)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.pvc.DirPvcTransport.pvcImport(DirPvcTransport.java:74)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.server.transport.impl.service.InternalDirTransportServiceImpl.pvcImport(InternalDirTransportServiceImpl.java:127)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.InternalTransportServiceImpl.importZippedStream(InternalTransportServiceImpl.java:691)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.InternalTransportServiceImpl.importFromImportSource(InternalTransportServiceImpl.java:358)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.transport.impl.service.TransportServiceImpl.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceImpl.java:151)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceBean.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceBean.java:74)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl10.importFromImportSource(TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl10.java:730)

at com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.transport.TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl10p4_Skel.dispatch(TransportServiceRemoteObjectImpl10p4_Skel.java:98)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java(Compiled Code))

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))

If I export a scenario from B_XI and try to reimport it into B_XI, it fails with the same error. If I export a scenario from B_XI, I can successfully import it into A_XI.

Any idea on how to correct the problem?

Charlie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

have you configure Groups and Transport Targets correctly?

is this your first transport?

have a look at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

just to check if all of the business systems that you use in your scenarios have defined transport targets

2. you can also have a look at SAP note: 749350

this note applies to sp03 but... as a solution there's a workaround give at the end of the note...

if you won't get any more answers to your post you may want to try it

but obviously I suggest writing an OSS message first

Regards,

michal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the steps listed in OSS note 749350 without success. I have opened an OSS message up on the topic.

This is the first set of transport into this instance, but it is not our normal promotion path. I am taking a scenario developed in our sandbox and bringing it into our development system. It is odd I can't reimport an object I exported from the SP12 system back into the SP12 system, but can import the same object into the SP11 system. Maybe something was changed between SP11 and SP12.

Regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I encountered this same error and managed to solve it. Just thought I'd share what I've found.

This is actually a problem with the SLD not being updated with the correct technical system information. Perform the following steps:

1. In the SLD navigate to "Content Maintenance", choose Subset "All With Instances" and Class "BC Application Server".

2. Click at every "SAP_BCApplicationServer" and check whether its "hostname" and "number" are defined.

3. Either delete the entries where they are not defined properly, or edit those entries with the correct hostname and number.

Note that the content of column "name" really only shows the defined name. Even if this name contains information the system number or host name this does not imply that the host name and system number really have been defined. You can check that only clicking one by one at the elements in column "SAP_BCApplicationServer".

Hope this helps.