cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Reg planning book extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am very new to APO.Kindly help me in resolving the following issues.

1)I want to extend planning book to 24 months. Where can i extend? is there any impact?

2)I want to extend forecast horizon to 42 months.Where can i do it? I have seen forecast horizon as maximum 999 days in the product master. Is it possible beyond that or any other setting available.

Awaiting your immense help on this.

Regards,

JS Karthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JS,

Yes, you can extend both.

First when you say that you want to extend planning book to 24 months in which direction?

You can create time buckets profiles as Suresh said, but you can use two bucket profiles in a dataview.

You have to use TCode /SAPAPO/SDP8B, select your planning book, and click on edit button.

Go to Dataview tab, select the dataview that you want to extend and change the future horizon bucket profile to extend as many months as you want from actual month. Then, you can change the past horizon bucket profile to extend as many months as you want, in past direction, from actual month.

If you want to see past horizon, you have to specify since when you want to see it in the Entry field.

About your second question, when you say that you want to extend 42 months your forecast horizon, i think that you want the system calculates a 42 month forecast.

To do this you have to go to TCode /SAPAPO/MC96B, select your planning area and your forecast profile, in this transaction there is a section called Forecast Horizon, here you can specify how many periods you want to calculate, and in section Additional Settings you must specify the Period Indicator, this indicator is to know if the period is day, week, month, etc.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi -

You can extend the planning book to 24 months and forecast horizon to 42 months. It will have no impact at all according to my knowledge.

The way to extend the planning book and the horizon is to defining the planning time buckets Tcode - /SAPAPO/TR30. You can define any length of planning buckets here that fits your requirements.

After defining the planning time buckets, you can go into the planning book design and then change planning buckets there in the data view tab. and then activate the planning book again.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will check it out & come back to you.

Regards,

JS Karthi