cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP.Net Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, I have the V2 beta installed and I was looking for some help for one or two things and to see a couple of examples etc. I saw Ofer's reply to a past topic re how SAP.Net help is now within Visual Studio and how to get to it. I have VS2003 Professional installed but cannot find it anywhere and searching on "SAP" and variations of the phrase produces something completely different.

Where am I going wrong ?

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

Have just installed the real version and still cannot get to anything like you suggest for the help. What I would like to see is something that gives examples of code, preferably in VB.net rather than C#.

As an ABAP developer I don't have any particular problems with RFCs but as an occasional VB.net programmer, I have found the best way to understand what I need is via examples. I actually had a small routine working in one program until we upgraded SAP and the RFC used disappeared (a different problem but why does SAP do things like that especially as most of your older SAP.net connector documentation used that particular very commonly used RFC as well!!!)

As you can see, I have some of the original documentation for SAP.net but was trying to find any updated stuff.

Also as mentioned previously, I cannot find what you refer to in my VB.net help at all. I <i>can</i> find help on individual properties/commands needed e.g. SAPLOGONDESTINATION via F1 but nothing related to SAP at a higher level. For example, any search for "SAP" in VB.net just finds something to do with Audio! I've gone through Dynamic help, Contents etc and cannot find any reference to SAP.net connector at all.

How do I tell VB.net that SAP.net connector is there for Help purposes. It has to be something silly now after all that!!!

Jim

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some hints from my side:

- Make sure that in Index, Search or Contents you do not use a filter: set "(no filter)".

- If you found some class docuementation (like SAPLogonDestination) use the "Sync TOC" button to navigate to the entry in the Content Book view. The "Sync TOC" is a double-arrow (left-right). This should bring you to the Reference Part of NCo docu. Then it should be easy to navigate the the Overview part.

Message was edited by: Reiner Hille-Doering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

If what Reiner said didn't help - What Visual Studio Version are you using? (Pro? Architect?)

Regards,

Ofer

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it!!!

As I said, it had to be something silly after all that. The filter setting was <b>NOT</b> "No filter" although over the last couple of days I think I tried every one but that.

Thanks for the time and effort, folks. Much appreciated.

Now I can get back to the joys of VB.net and try some web services...

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Ofer, it is SAP.Net Connector. I have tried what you suggest as per that previous topic as well but I still cannot find the relevant help or anything related to "real" SAP as we know it in VB.Net.

FYI, I have used SAP.Net connector previously by testing a simple Windows form "get customer detail" program using RFC_get_customer prior to updating to V4.7 last year and then finding that RFC has gone!!

I now need to use a Web form program actually to do something similar to start with and therefore need a bit more help hence the request...

Also as an aside, I have just downloaded the real V2 but have not installed yet. Are there many differences this time as there was between V1 and V2 beta ?

Thanks

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to make sure - Are you looking for help on:

A. using the connector itself (which should be integrated in a help "book" called something like "SAP .NET Connector Version 2", if you installed the product).

Or

B. How to use the RFC's themselves? If that is the case, the help you want isn't integrated into VS ! You should contact your SAP (ABAP) experts or SAP on-line documentation to tell you what functions you can use and how etc'. By the way - If you just want to browse the available functions in a specific SAP system, that can also be done within Visual Studio, using the Server Explorer window. For help on that see A

On the other issue - there are some differences, but hardly like the difference between V1 and V2.

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you look in the help contents window (press altctrlF1). There should be a "book" there what you're looking for. By the way - I'm not sure what product you are talking about... .NET connector?

Regards,

Ofer