cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDP APP to USE CATS CLASSIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm working in the developement of a webdynpro application that have to implements the same functionality of cats with ess. It was asked to me that this application must look like the ess business package for EP. I'm waiting for the publishing of 2 tutorials, but i cant stay quiet.

I have proved the following BAPIS n i can use them in webdynpro:

BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT

BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_DELETE

BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_CHANGE

BAPI_CATIMESHEETRECORD_GETLIST

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK

CATS_READ_TIMESHEET_DATA

I have found an extra BAPIS but i cant use them in webdynpro, those are:

CATS_APPROVAL

CATS_APPROVAL0

CATS_WF_APPROVAL; n some others

I wanna know if there is some BAPI that allows start the workflow asociated with cats and some BAPI that allows approve workitems asociated to this workflow.

Another question is if there is some BAPI that allows the same functionality as saplogon, i mean if there is a way to implement a logon form a webdynpro application.

I hope somebody can helps me.

Thx n Best Rgds.

Gregory.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory

Regarding your question about having the same functionality as SAP logon, point your UME to use R/3s user store. In this way all the users available in R/3 will be available for you in WAS with same passwords

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran thx for ur answer.

I dont know how to point the UME for the use of R/3s users store. If u know that please tell me how.

Best rgds.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont know if there is some BAPI that allows start the workflow asociated with cats.

But regarding some BAPI that allows approve workitems asociated to this workflow, you can check out the function group "SWRC" . This contains the list of workitem related function modules.

Also check the function group "SWRR". These are related to standard workflow.

There is a function module called "SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM" in function group "SWRC" which will execute the workitem given the Workitem id as input. But i dont exactly know your requirement. See if that helps.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx a lot Ravi your answer was very helpfull but not complete, i will do test over that functions.

I have another question there is some BAPI that allows me to release time in cats, if this BAPI exists i guess it resolve the problem of starting the workflow.

Best Rgds.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think there is a BAPI as per your requirement. What you can do is.

Login to SAP R/3

Enter the transaction "BAPI"

Under Cross-Application Components select CATTimesheetManager and in the right hand side of the pane select documentation. You will get a nice and detailed information on that particular Business Object.

So you could have a look at the related bapi's to CATs.

Hope that was helpful.

regards

ravi