cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI Synchronisation Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with the WWI Gen server when I try to display the WWI reports by choosing the icon with quick info text ' Display doc on Frontend PC'.

The error message is 'Synchronisation error: call WWI again'.

When I switch my WWI Gen server to 'Console program', the error is not there. It is only coming when I use the WWI Gen server as a 'Windows Service'.

Also, the report generation is not happenning correctly as the reports which are getting generated are initially in the status 'Is being editied' and later go to the incorrect status.

Whereas, report creation is happenning fine when I use WWI as a console program.

Is this something to do with the printer drivers. I am using PCL printer driver for the local PC and the document format for the WWI in 'communication types' is also 'PCL'.

Looking forward to your useful inputs.

Regards,

Hitanshu Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I think I know the reason for the WWI Sync failure. As per my analysis so far, it seems like the login username for the WWI windows service doesn't have the DCOM access for starting the MS word on the front end. This may be causing this error as the application runs perfectly fine as a console program.

Any thoughts to validate this or to dismiss this understanding are truly welcomed.

Regards,

Hitanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

please see note 580586, it describes what to consider, when you are running WWI as service.