cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded Components?

0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Does anybody have a working example of a project that demonstrates working with components from different projects?

I'm very keen to understand the component model but of course it only makes sense if you can easily reuse components from other projects. A very simple example would be a Tabstrip with two tabs, each containing a component from a different project.

Thanks for any help on this issue.

...Scottd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

You can use development Components(DC) for this purpose.

We have Web Dynpro projects that embeds componetns from another project and it works fine..

Thanks and Regards,

Sam Mathew

0 Kudos

Sam, are you able to elaborate? When you open the context for components, I don't see an option to embed a component from another project and I haven't been able to find documentation on doing this.

Thanks alot.

...Scottd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

first of all, you have to use Development Component projects to do this, Web Dynpro Projects will not work. If you've got two DC projects, let's call them <b>Used</b> and <b>Using</b>, the following steps are needed to embed/use parts of Used in Using:

1. <b>Create/add a public part in Used.</b> To declare the component interface of Used as public, right-click on the component node and choose "Add to public part". In the following dialog, specify a name and finish.

2. <b>Rebuild Used.</b> Right-click on the project node of Used and choose "Development Component->Build". This will promote the changes to the DC Repository.

3. <b>Declare a DC usage in Using.</b> To do this, right click on "DC Metadata->DC Definition->Used DCs" and choose "Add Used DC". Select the Used component in the following dialog.

4. <b>Build Using</b> with "Development Component->Build".

5. Declare the Web Dynpro Component Usage like you would do for components in the same project.

Hope that helps

Regards

Stefan