cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How PLM scenario is integrated to SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are planning PLM scenario integration to SAP.

Could someone provide me some pointers on how to start , prerequisites , technologies involved , skill set required , does ABAP techie play a key role.

Your suggestions and helpful pointers are immensely appreciated.

Best Regards,

Garry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garrick,

Your Question is open and very general as PLM is very vast and depends on the scenario?

Any way i will just try to explain you:

PLM has many parts i.e. PDM (Product Data Managment) which comprise of Material master, Bill of Materials, Document Management System, (If any CAD Interface with DMS, or MS Word or MS Excel Integrations with DMS as templates), Engineering Change Management, Order Change Management, Classification System.

All these are with in SAP R/3 and you have configure as per the business requirement and integration b/w these objects (MM, BOM, DIR etc) are very important and needs lot of ABAP help as it involves Function Modules, enhancements, etc as per needs again.

PLM also comprise of CFolders, Cprojects which are the Plug In to R/3 and works on Intranet and Internet again depending on the Requirement of Customer/Business.

To work on Cprojects it is important to have PS knowledge but not mandatory,

Again based on the Scenarios it depends the Integration of CFolders & Cprojects with your existing R/3 PS, DMS, BOM, MM, etc.

Any SAP Functional guy can handle PLM, but with some knowledge of Functional MOdules, enhancements etc with some Innovative Ideas.

There might also be some Workflow requirement in DMS and ECM which will be controled and authorized based on Statuses.

Hope you have got the enough idea.

Any specific querry you can post to SDN, SDN freinds will definetely help you.

Regards

Rehman

Reward Your Points If Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Thanks for help. Could you please help me to find how netweaver and webdynpro are helpful in implementing PLM.Also, knowledge of which netweaver component will help PLM scenario integration. Let me know if iam not clear.

Your inputs will help me lot.

Best Regards,

Garry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garry,

PLM is a functional solution for entire life cycle of a Product/Material i.e. tracking throughout its life cyle (From Concept i.e. Idea>draft>Design>Prototype>Collaboration (If any) with partners or with collaborators---->Manufacture --->Versioning or Revisioning -> Customer Delivery>Back Repairs> Versions repair---> end of the Product.

These Functions involves lot of Integrations within your R/3 System which requires

Functional Modules, Module Pool, Field/Screen Exits So your ABAP skills is very much essential.

In NetWeaver your Application Platform consist of ABAP/JAVA and Business Services are most Required.

your "Business Services" are integrated into SAP Web AS Including Document management, Workflows and Organizational managment.

But

Knowledge of Netweaver helps a lot for working with Interfaces, Mappings, Integration processes, Versioning, Classification, Searchs etc.

Hope i have answered your query

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

You have answered my query partially. I would like to know is there any netweaver component that integrates PLM scenario from Netweaver to R/3. In netweaver we have "application integration scenario" component , how do we start planning ?

Do web dynpro come in to picture ? . Can we integrate all PLM scenarios from netweaver to R/3. How does SAP certify PLM interface ?. Please let me know if iam not clear.

Regards,

Garry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garrick,

Your Question is open and very general as PLM is very vast and depends on the scenario?

Any way i will just try to explain you:

PLM has many parts i.e. PDM (Product Data Managment) which comprise of Material master, Bill of Materials, Document Management System, (If any CAD Interface with DMS, or MS Word or MS Excel Integrations with DMS as templates), Engineering Change Management, Order Change Management, Classification System.

All these are with in SAP R/3 and you have configure as per the business requirement and integration b/w these objects (MM, BOM, DIR etc) are very important and needs lot of ABAP help as it involves Function Modules, enhancements, etc as per needs again.

PLM also comprise of CFolders, Cprojects which are the Plug In to R/3 and works on Intranet and Internet again depending on the Requirement of Customer/Business.

To work on Cprojects it is important to have PS knowledge but not mandatory,

Again based on the Scenarios it depends the Integration of CFolders & Cprojects with your existing R/3 PS, DMS, BOM, MM, etc.

Any SAP Functional guy can handle PLM, but with some knowledge of Functional MOdules, enhancements etc with some Innovative Ideas.

There might also be some Workflow requirement in DMS and ECM which will be controled and authorized based on Statuses.

Hope you have got the enough idea.

Any specific querry you can post to SDN, SDN freinds will definetely help you.

Regards

Rehman