cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory field in Message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I am performing message mapping on two interfaces which have many mandatory fields. But when I don't pass any values in the source message for the mandatory fields the mapping still works properly showing no error. I want mapping to show error when mandatory fields are not passed. please advice.

Venki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandatory complex types in target message DO NOT have to be mapped. They wiill by default be created on the output structure if their parent nodes exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If You Specified a Field as Mandatory Field Means U Have to do the Mapping in the Mapping Editor.That is Compulsary mapp Field there

If U Didn't Specified a Field as Mandatory Field means there is no need of Mapping to that field to the Target Field .

Here Mandatory Field in the sense that Field Should be Mapped to the Target

Then only it Will give the Failure in the Mapping

Reward points If Helpful

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkatesh,

The mapping will only fail if the mandatory fields are elements in the message.

You can determine this in the mapping editor. If you remove the mapping for a destination field and it then changes colour from green to red, then means it will fail in reality if no value is mapped to it.

Mandatory fields do not need to be mapped if they are complex types (parent nodes of other fields).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sedamkar,

If it is mandatory field then you should always have the field occurrence as 1..1. I think in your mapping it is either 0..1 or 0..unbdounded. So that is the reason why it is not failing. So please change the occurrence to 1..1 and dont send the value in the file. Then it will definitely throw an error.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is 1..1 for both source and target, it's showing success in both test tab and also in sxmb_moni????

Venki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sedamkar,

In the test tab just dont put the value and test. It will fail. I think you might be passing spaces. Also what is the mapping you have done?

Is it straight from source to target?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its straight mapping. i am nor passing any spaces.

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sedamkar,

Can you please send the screenshot of the field mapping and test tab test message to my mail id satishguntaka@gmail.com.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

are u testing the mapping under test tab in Message mapping or in an end to end scenario?

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suhail,

Even though he test in test tab or end to end he will get error if the occrrence is 1..1 only. He will not get error if his occurrence is not this.

By the way you are Ahmad?

Regards,

---Satish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

I guess what Ahamd / Aamir ( not sure why a dual personality here ) is that when you test the message from the test tool in the mapping editor, you need to delete the node manually else the node is <> </> which implies the note exists and maybe one reason why there is no error.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

If he delete the value also it should fail. Might be he used some if else condition in mapping also? Lets see what he replies back?

Are you coming to SDN Community day in Vegas??

Regards,

---Satish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

> Are you coming to SDN Community day in Vegas??

As of now, not sure. Depends on my Visa getting processed on time! I hope it does happen on time

Regards

Bhavesh