cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infocube ZXXXXXX is not a transactional basiccube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when user loading flat file data in to transactin infocube "ZXXXXXXX", he is getting

following errpr message " Infocube ZXXXXXX is not a transactional basiccube".

But when i check in the RSA1 i can see "switch transactional infocube" in the context mene for the cube.

why he is getting this error message.

Please help me what could be the problem?

It is very urgnet for me.

will assign the points.

Thanks

sg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 ways by which you can load data to a transactional cube; one via update rules and other via file upload planing function in BPS.

Check if your cube is in loading mode, if so, you can load thru a info package as a normal file.

Ravi Thothadri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no transaction to check this.

Right click the trans cube and chose "switch transactional cube" and you will 2 options : (1) cube can be planned loading not allowed (2) loading allowed and planing not allowed.

If you wish the cube to do both, then you need to plan the activities and ensure that the cube is kept in planing mode when the users wish to plan and in the load mode when the data will be loaded.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Do we have any transaction to find out whether this mode in the loading mode or planning mode during data load?

I mean how to justify which mode it is in when the user was getting error message.

Now i checked it is in planning mode, data had been updated.

but how to find out whether it is in planning mode or loading mode when user loading data first time.

second time it has beed loaded correctly with out any error.

please share ur thoughts if you have any idea on this.

thanks

sg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no any transaction to find that mode (planning or loading).

but we have a two standard report which will switch the cube from loading to planning as well as from planning to loading like same as what we are doing by right click on the cube and switch transactional cube.

i am not able to remember the name of report ,but you can find it in se38 and put zswitch* or zswitch_trans* .. press F4.

if you are going to load data to cube thru infopackage then you can use process chain by including the process type of abap program with a variant of your cube name and first switch the cube to loading and after finishing data loading to cube and again include process type of abap program with same variant and switch to planning activities.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you right click the cube does it say transactional cube? Are you trying to load via update rules? If so you have to make sure the cube is switched to "planning not allowed" to load. Then you have to switch it back to plan.

Let me know if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you right click of the cube , you have a option of switch transactional cube , these option you cannot find in a basic cube.

click on switch to transactional cube - enable the radio button for loading activities not planned and then enter.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all you for yr quick response.

prolem has been solved. Might be some body changed the mode from planning to loading during the flat file load using planning function.

i assigned the points.

thanks

sg