cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Macro doesn't copy exact proportion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am copying one key figures A to another key figure B.

When I execute the macro to copy at disaggregate level it copies correctly with correct proportion. But when execute copy macro at aggregate level it does not copy correctly.

Example can be as follows:

I am copying A to B at sales district level. Sales district has three customers.

A has following combinations/demand for let us say August 2007.

Customer1 Customer2 Customer3

100 0 200

After Copy B may gets something like this:

80 60 60

At "Detail All" level A key figure gets copied to B correctly:

After Copy B may gets something like this:

100 0 200

This is exactly what is required.

To achieve the same functionality at aggregated level is there any change required in my macro.

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

You have to run your copy macro at detail level because you need to assure that disaggregation after running your macro can not change the results.

For instance, if you have 3 levels of detail (1, 2, and 3) and you obtain a result in level 2, then disaggregation runs and gives results for level 3. When you run a copy macro, you can run at level 3 and the aggregated result will be the same, you can run your macro at level 2, if both key figures, A and Copy of A are being disaggregated base on the same key figure, but you cannot run at level 1, because the results won't be the same.

I recommend to run copy macros from A to Copy A at least at the same level of detail that you obtain A results.

Another approach that could work is set disaggreation of Copy A key figure based on A key figure in the planning area instead of use APODPDANT.

Example:

Key Figure: A, Calculation Type: P, Disaggregation Key Figure: APODPDANT

Key Figure: Copy of A, Calculation Type: P, Disaggregation Key Figure: A

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marín,

Now my old worry comes back. That is if I run this macro in batch will the disaggregation work?

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, disaggregation will work, in fact this disaggregation is working and changing your values because may be you obtain values at detail level and when you copy values at aggregate level this disaggregation affects the results and these results obtained via this disaggregation don't match with the original values.

Answers (0)