cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP mapping code in XI or SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Where do I need to write the ABAP mapping code, in XI or SAP. CAn it be written at either of them and used in interface mapping?

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to write ABAP mapping only in XI and use that in your interface mapping.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there no way to create ABAP mapping object in SAP and not in XI, but still use it for mapping. I guess I have seen a doc where abap mapping code is written in SAP and it is used in XI by using SPROXY in XI and then creating a package of it and the using it in mapping. Does that make any sense? or I am I missing something.

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are some of the weblogs which they have used ABAP mapping. In all of them they have used it in XI only. Also I have never seen the way you have mentioned.

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/11/01/dynamically-sending-a-mail-to-the-po-creator-using-xslt-abap-mapping

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/09/20/xi-abap-mapping-logs--more-standard-better-visibility

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then is there a way to bring ABAP objects created in SAP into XI?

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

if you are talking about objects,you can create a Function module in R/3 and import that in XI,but as far as mapping is concerned,it needs to be done in XI itself.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell what do you mean by this? Also as far as I know there is no way to bring the ABAP objects into XI.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

it needs to be written in XI,and then used in INterface mapping.have a look at the following

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5c46ab90-0201-0010-42bd-9d0...

Thanx

Aamir suhail