cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/sapapo/matmap

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the Bapi BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 for extening the product to a different location in the user exit APOCF005. I am sending the materials from R/3 using transaction cfm2. In the /sapapo/matmap table i see some products under logical system d08clnt208(R/3) one and some under D14CLNT208(SCM one) . For the materials in the second logical system the bapi is working correctly but for the first one its not working correctly . The planning model which we are activating contains materials from the first logical system .

What is the /sapapo/matmap table about and how can i solve my problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepthi -

/sapapo/matmap holds the internal, external and GUID for all materials.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

and what is the logical system in that ? i see some products in that under D08clnt208 , D08 is R/3 system . The products are found in /sapapo/matkey and /sapapo/matloc tables .. i mean the products exists in APO system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepthi -

There are two columns here

LOGQS and LOGSYS.

LOGQS is the business system group.

The business system group integrates different physical systems into one higher-level logical unit.

We recommend that you assign the APO System to the same business system group (BSG) to which the logical system or the R/3 instances, which contain the master data server, belong. Only after you have made such an assignment, can you maintain the master data in the APO System.

LOGSYS is the Logical System.

System in which applications run integrated on a shared data basis.

The distribution of data between systems requires that each system in the network has a unique identification. The logical system is used for this purpose.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its like i have a product in APO, in /sapapo/matmap table its logical system is given as D08clnt208(R/3 system ), i am trying to extend that product to a different location through the bapi . Bapi is not returning an error but at the end it says "update terminated" , is it because its under that logical system .

The bapi is working fine for a material under D14clnt208(apo system) . How do i do this?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Can you goto the transaction ST22 and find which statement (Which table update?) is giving the dump.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could find the solution . The bapi structure is taking the product number with 18chars , so i am selecting ext_matrn from /sapapo/matmap table .Thanks anyway