cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials are locked by the own user (XIUSER)

0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are facing som problems with an Interface for billing.

We are using en XI interface for billing, we are using parallel processing, bye the volume (from 25,000 to 30,000 invoices during night) is not possible to use simple processing.

The process starts with Sales Order creation, Delivery, and Billing, but sometimes at the time for the Billing, the system sends error M3024 'Valuation data for material & is locked by the user XISERVER' . I hope that any of you can help me, I'm new on XI and this problem starts to be critical.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already commented, the error occurs because some other work process is accessing the same data and then it cannot be accessed.

That needs to be corrected by using ENQUEUE/DEQUEUE techniques in the abap coding of the interface.

But even if some of the entries error out, if the execution is asynchronous they will be automatically persisted and sent again.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you are using Parallel Processing make sure there are no dependencies on any two process being executed with respect to data.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

you can not achieve this by parallel processing.

Well in case you are doing this by RFC, try Server Proxy.

This will improve the performance. i.e. the processing rate...

Regards

Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Omar,

This is not an XI issue. This is related to SAP system in which you are trying to post the Billing document.

Since you have parelled processing , if two messages hit R3 system at same time requesting same Material Valuation data, one of the message will failed with message it is locked by the other user.

Are you using RFC's to post data?

Nilesh

0 Kudos

Yes we are using an RFC.