cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data value not showing in added column

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added a column to a fixed SQL query. When the application runs, the column appears in the display grid, but the value is missing.

I have added the column to both the query and display templates. I've added the column to the IlluminatorDoc, reselected the query template in the IllumSQLQuery block, and updated the configuration in the IlluminatorRow block to link the new field.

The new column appears in the Rowsets/Rowset/Column and I can see the value in Rowsets/Rowset/Row. When running the xacute query calling the BLS transaction, the new column and value is displayed in the text/html format.

Can anyone advise on why the column value is not showing in the grid?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Michelle,

In the Display Template the Column is probably not mapped. If you Right-Click on the iGrid and select Data -> Detail you can verify that the column exists in the Query. Then clear your Java Console Cache and modify the Display Tempalte to include your new column, finally refresh your page. Hope this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sam for your answer!

I had the column mapped in the display template, however, I had mapped to the query within the transaction instead of selecting the xacute query. My column names were very similar, but in taking a closer look I realized I had the wrong query. Once I selected the correct query, mapped the column and cleared the Java cache, the value then displayed.

When I right-click on the iGrid, the Data option is disabled and cannot be selected so that I can see the detail. I'm not sure how to correct this.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have AutoRefresh enabled on your grid which would stop you from viewing the associated Data @ runtime.

Uncheck the AutoRefresh option in your display template (Unless you are setting this via JavaScript) , and you should be ok after a Java Cache clear & refresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your Grid auto-refreshing? Sometimes I think that will disable the feature.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udayan & Ryan.

The auto refresh was checked, so once I disabled I was able to use the Data option on the grid.

Thanks for your time!

Former Member
0 Kudos

One question - If this is just a single SQL query why are you using a transaction? It would be better to associate your grid with the SQL query itself.

(Or may be it is just part of the learning where in you are trying to explore the various functionalities of the product.)