cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting of Materials in a Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to keep a track of certain materials to make sure they are properly handled in the customer's warehouse. The requirement is as follows:

- We will send an instruction letter whenever the customer first buys the material.

- On receiving a letter that the customer understands the instructions, we will allow the customer to buy the material. If the customer has not sent the ok, then we will put the order item on delivery block.

Some solutions I have thought about.

- Maintain two SAP tables: one for materials that need tracking, second for customers who have understood instructions. In a user exit, determine if the customer understanding exists, if not force delivery block.

- Material Exclusion - Can we use this? We load all materials that need tracking in here and then is there some functionality to allow it by customer number?

Thanks for any help.

Devendra Koppikar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use standard R/3 functionality of Material Exclusion / Inclusion. You can either have a exclusion or inclusion defined in VB01 routine. Customer will be able to order only the products on the inclusion list / can't order any thing in exclusion list.

You will have to List / Exclusion Type in configuration.

Please award points if you find my answer useful.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Rames

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh.

However, in our case, we want to control at the material level. We want to control that even for new customers, this check should be done. Also, we do not want to stop the order item from being placed, just want to delivery block the order item.

Thanks

Devendra Koppikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, you may need to use Stock Allocations functionality in R/3. Do you use APO?

Please award points if you find this information useful.

Thanks.

Ramesh