cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public parts not visible across SCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in one product we have two software components: one for COMMON functionality and another for our SERVICE. In the COMMON SC we defined our exception classes and made them available as public parts. All steps until approval have been made and the new version of COMMON was imported for development for the SERVICE SC.

Unfortunately, we are not able to reference the public part for the exception classes in the SC "SERVICE". Any idea why the public parts are not visible accross the software components?

Regards,

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Volker,

I don't have an answer for you but we have the exact same situation.

The error I get when trying to create a Used DC entry pointing to the Public Part of another DC is:

Illegal dependency: The compartment of package name(SCname...) must explicitly use compartment of ...

The reason I've put in "..." is because the popup dialog shows only part of the error message and there is NO way to scroll through it to see it all. I'd attach a screen print but I don't know how to do it if there is a way.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I am also having a similar issue, that the public part of a DC from a particular track, when imported into a second track, is not visible so that it can be defined as a Used DC.

The public parts are listed correctly when i look in the build spaces in the CBS.

But those are not shown when the compartment is synced from inside the NWDS.

I have an OSS message open on this and is currently being worked on.

I will let you guys know in case there is a resolution.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renjith,

I had similar problem and its fixed now. What you need to do is..

If you are adding an SC from Track A to Track B, then

1. Choose track B in CMS

2. Click on ¡§Landscape Configurator¡¨

3. Add the SC of track A into ¡§Required Software Components¡¨

4. In Track Data tab, select the SC in ¡§Software Components for Development¡¨ area.

5. Click ¡§View/Edit XML content..¡¨

6. Add the 2 lines in between ***

**<used-compartment>vendorname_TrackA_1</used-compartment>**

</dependencies>

<build-variants>

<build-variant name="default" required-for-activation="yes">

<variant-mappings>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP_JTECHS_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP-JEE_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

**<variant-mapping used-compartment=" vendorname_TrackA_1" used-variant-name="default"/>**

</variant-mappings>

</build-variant>

</build-variants>

7. Click on ¡§Back¡¨

8. Save the track B.

9. Click on ¡§Transport Studio¡¨

10. Import each SC (there should be 4 listed. 3 from sap.com and 1 from track A) one at a time. First import sap.com¡¦s SCs.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I wanted to know that why is it important to add those lines manually.

JDI might be providing some UI for this. am away from our network so am not sure of it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you could also have achieved this by defining the correct Usage Dependencies in the SLD, Click Update CMS (refreshes SLD cache) in CMS Landscape Configurator, remove and re-add the SC that depends on the other SC. The other SC should now automatically be shown in the Required Software Components view. This way you do not have to hack XML files by hand with the risk of making typo's...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divyakumar and Pascal,

I was sure JDI would edit the XML automatically as soon as I add the SC in "Usage Dependencies" and update CMS, but it didn't. I remember updating CMS and adding the SC as usaage dependency and also trying out different sequences of doing this, but in vain. (I am using sp13)

Incase it works that's great. Otherwise, editing XML manually leaves us the only option.

Kiran

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have not gone through the entire thread. However if you created a track and added Software Component (for eg SC A) for development and later added Usage Dependencies (for SC B and SC C).

For thsi you have to Update CMS by pressing the "<b>Update CMS button</b>" and then also press the "<b>Synchronize SC dependencies</b>". This way the new Usage dependencies are added to the Track also.

I had done this quite a few times. There is no need to edit the XML manually.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies.

I checked the xml files which Kiran was mentioning. All the required entires are already there from the Update and synchromize actions.

My issue is that the Public Part from this DC is not shown in my Development configurations perspective of my NWDS after i do the SYNC all the reuiqred DCs. The CBS shows these public parts correctly in its list

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try reimporting the Development Configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Re-importing of the Development Configuration did the trick.

I got the OSS reply also saying that this is a known bug and will be fixed in SP15.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Sadly i cannot give any reward points as this is not a question which i opened.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

i have got a similar problem;

i defined DCs in a track A related to a product A and SC A and other DCs in another track B related to a product B and SC B; on my development system all was ok and all works fine.

But when i try to import via the CMS tool the content of the track B errors occurs: 2 DCs imports from 6 DCs failed; i corrected these errors in importing and assembling the content of the track A to the consolidation system via the CMS tool without any problem;

Then i trie to assemble components frm the track B but i received error messages: assembling failed.

So i tried again with selct the option "Assemble even if the components are in an inconsistent state" and the assembling works fine but when i try to run my web dynpro application i have got the following error message:

the page cannot be displayed !!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has the SC containing the COMMON part been defined as a Usage Dependency for the other SC in the SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, the dependency is defined in SLD. The COMMON part has been added as a used DC in the Transport Studio and also the track connections have been created.

Regards,

Volker

0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

do you get any error message if you try to create

a new dependency to this public part?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you define the Active or Inactive version of the DC as Used DC? In case of the Active version, did you activate all relevant activities for that DC?