cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Gurus please advise .......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am very new to SAP and don't know where to start and i am interested in learning SAP BASIS Administration as my background is Administering Oracle Applications..Request your advise on where to start ?? What is sap basis (is it different from sap NetWeaver?? ) Can i install a trial version and test it out ??? and more details ..Request Request Request .......

Vishnu Singireddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Welcome to SDN!

Basis is the term used for the Technical Consultants, SAP Netweaver is the name given to the suite of products included in the latest release of SAP.

You can download and install the trial from here, just go to the Downloads are in the top of the page... You'll also find installation guide for the Trial software.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks a lot ...So what i understand is Basis and Netwever are same..Then why do i often hear as "sap basis administrator " and not as "Netwever Administrator " ?? Just curious

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.... Basis is the name given to a consultant that look after the Technical side of SAP... not only Netweaver, R/3 in general...

SAP Netweaver is a product... So basically a SAP Basis Consultant look after the technical side of Netweaver...

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos