cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request advise ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am very new to SAP and don't know where to start and i am interested in learning SAP BASIS Administration as my background is Administering Oracle Applications..Request your advise on where to start ?? What is sap basis (is it different from sap NetWeaver?? ) Can i install a trial version and test it out ??? and more details ..Request Request Request .......

Vishnu Singireddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basis is a set of middleware programs and tools from SAP, the German company whose comprehensive R/3 product is used to help manage large corporations, that enables applications (such as FI, CO, and SD, for example) to be seamlessly interoperable and portable across operating systems and database products. R/3 Basis includes client/server architecture and configuration, a relational database management system (RDBMS), and a graphical user interface (GUI). In addition to the interface between system elements, Basis components include a development environment for R/3 applications, and a data dictionary, as well as user and system administration and monitoring tools.

So,you should have knowledge about R3 systems and its application.Knowledge in ABAP is also advisable.

You can go through ADM100 also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha and Filip

Thanks a lot and can you post the link for Courses: start with ADM100

Thanks

vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos