Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've got a question about java mapping.

I wrote a java application that transfers the content of an XML-document over FTP into a file on another Server. That works fine when starting it in my NWDS.

But when i import the files to IR and try to run the interface he always tells me that he cant find the ressource "org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPClient.class" in software component version. This archive is a jakarta archive and i already packed it into the .jar i imported in XI. But why does he not know the package? Do i have to include it on another point too?

Thx and regards,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>i've got a question about java mapping.

what does mapping has to do with FTP ?

I hope you don't send anything to FTP in mapping...

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well ok, the problem is that we got a base64 coded xml structure. We must write this code to a .gif file on a ftp server.

And i wrote a java mapping application that writes it on the ftp server. But XI doesn't find the "commons-net-1.4.1.jar" i imported within my .jar, which my program needs to establish the ftp connection.

Over XI i don't know how to write a base64 coded string to a .gif file on a ftp server.

Do you know what i mean?

Thx and regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shame on me ... i didn't know that the .jar archives you want to use in your java mapping have to be extracted in the import jar of XI.

Really sorry Michal, but thank you for your help 🐵

Best regards,

Steven