cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Setting up Local Security Handlind (LSH)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have setup the SAP Installation Server version 8. 0. 0. 257. I have managed to deploy packages successfully to users who have admin rights.

But when setting up LSH (for users who do not have admin rights) I use my domain\admin account which has full network admin rights, the verify button isn't displayed (its displayed as next) although this doesn't stop me continuing I then enter the same account as the IS Account, once finished the following error is diplayed:

Failed to configure LSH

Could not convert network drive to UNC

I have tried using seperate accounts for DS & IS both with admin rights but still same errors.

Any ideas welcome.

Many thanks

Stu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

We had the same error when setting up LSH for SAPGUI 710. This is how we overcame the problem:

• use the same account for DS and IS and it has local admin rights to distribution server.

• this account has full permissions to the network share of the installation server and the folder (under 'security' tab)

We also had the NIC rebuilt by the server team but I don't think that was the cause.

Cheers,

Quang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quang thanks for your reply.

I have actually solved the problem, by re-installing to a network share. Originally I had installed to the "E:" on ServerA, and then shared the folder, this seemed to be the problem.

So when re-installing I set up the Network share first and installed to
servera\share. This has now worked.