Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close window

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

How can I close a window after a button event?.The action handler performs severals steps and at the end the window should be closed.

Is there a differnece between a normal window and a popup window ?

Thanks

Carola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

explorer does not close...

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carola,

This happens sometimes, the solution is deactivate the service and activate it again in sicf. It will work.

Tahnks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Anzy,

We try to use your instructions but like Carola we get a white page.

Do we need to have Java Engeen to use this code?

If not, do you have any idea why doesn't it work?

Thank you

Efrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I implemented ANZY's blog and worked fine for me...

One thing is make sure the Javascript code is under the Log-Off Tab in the SICF node.....and dont forget to hit SAVE when u have put the code in there..

But one problem is that ...does this close the USer Session ??????????

That is fine I exit with a EXIT PLUG and wndow closes...but the user session is stilla ctive...

So What I did was , in the exit plug, I navigate to a BSP application which as a Javascript Code, to close the window and also end User session

<% runtime->keep_context = 0 %>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

How do I navigate to another page?

Is it possible to navigate to an external url such as www.sap.com?

I don't use BSP application in my project

Thank you for your help

Efrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hello Anand,

> How do I navigate to another page?

> Is it possible to navigate to an external url such as

> www.sap.com?

> I don't use BSP application in my project

> Thank you for your help

> Efrat

Hi Efrat,

You can use the EXIT_PLUG of the WIndow (Interface View Controller) to end the current application . This plug should be defined as a OUTBOUND PLUG of the Window with the Interface Flag marked and Type = Exit.

You can create a parameter , 'URL' (not lv_url or ev_url or anything else, BUT URL)for this plug.

You can call this plug, when u want to end the current application and supply the url of the page u wanna navigate to

This si the coding u will do in the action handler of the view when u want to navigate to a different URL. This action handler can be for a button.

data ref_ifc_view_ctr type ref to IG_<COMPONENET_NAME>.

ref_ifc_view_ctr = wd_this->Get_<COMPONENT_NAME>.

ref_ifc_view_ctr->Fire_Plg_<outbound_plug>( 'http://www.sap.com' ).

For migrating to a BSP application or any other resource in Mime rep, give the full path

ref_ifc_view_ctr->Fire_Plg_<outbound_plug>( '/sap/bc/<bsp or WebDynpro>/sap/<name of _resource>).

<b>There is a Redirect URL on the Error Pages Tab of the Service in SICF. I guess you can specify a fixed URL here too. Never used it...but u can try</b>

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

thank you for your help, I manage to navigate to a different page.

I tried to use the redirect url in the error pages in sicf but strangely it didn't work.

I'm happy with the solution you gave me,

Thanks

Efrat

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks. That's it.

Carola

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Anzy

I followed your nice step by step procedure with plugs and SICF, but the explorer window does not close but a white, empty explorer window stays there.

sicf: logg of :

<html><body onload="setTimeout('top.close(),100);"></body></html>

What do you thiank could be wrong ?

Kind regards.

Carola

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carola,

You can refer this blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6707. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Thanks

Anzy

Message was edited by:

Mohammed Anzy S

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carola,

Just call my_popup_pointer->close( ).

Basically, the difference between a popup window and a normal window is that the normal window has no parent and doesn't feature all those additional fancy things that are required for popup windows, like a button row on the bottom or an optional icon to the left, etc.

Best regards,

Thomas

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas.

sorry, but how do I get my window_pointer ?

In fact I have no popup, but a normal window defined in the WD workbench.

So I did'nt create the window with WINDOW_MANaGER->CREATE.

what's the syntax to get the window instance ?

thanks.

Carola

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carola,

You are already inside of the window. Closing it means exiting the current application. This can be achieved by calling an exit-plug. If you would like to close the browser window as well, there is the possibility to add a special log-off page to the sicf node of the application that contains a window.close( ) javascript call. Please note, that IE still displays its own popup asking the user if he/she really wants to close the window. This cannot be prevented to my knowledge.

Best regards,

Thomas

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can go through this blog also...explains the exit plug in a step by step manner.

/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/06/05/how-to-close-parent-window-in-webdynpro-applications

Thanks

Anzy