cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Oracle during installation of NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to install SAP NW on one host(for example IP 192.168.2.2) with the Oracle being installed on different host(for example 192.168.2.3) but the installation od database instance fails. Installator can not connect to Oracle on different host. Could you pls help me with configuration of Oracle to be accessible by SAP NW installator. I think that it is the problem, because setting up SAP NW installator is clear and easy. Both hosts are running on Windows.

Thanks Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't see an opetion to upload the log files.?

Message was edited by: Aidan Cynker-McCarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Have you checked that the listener is running? That is an essentail part to connect to the Oracle database.

What kind or error are you getting. Send us a part of the error logfile...

Pascal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

finally forum is up

part of the log is

-

ERROR 2005-07-11 17:54:55

FKD-00034 Query returned more than one result.

FKD-00035 Query did not return a result. Select attribute WHERE WapsSystemName = getContextParameter ('WapsSystemName' ) AND WapsInstanceType = 'DB' , statement: <#1>

FKD-00029 Subselect for table t_SAPComponent_Waps_Instance_SHARED, column WapsInstanceOSFAName with WHERE clause WHERE WapsSystemName = getContextParameter ('WapsSystemName' ) AND WapsInstanceType = 'DB' failed.

MUT-02010 Internal error: Access to key db failed. Original message: Subselect to table >t_SAPComponent_Waps_Instance_SHARED< column name >WapsInstanceOSFAName< using where clause >WHERE WapsSystemName = getContextParameter ('WapsSystemName' ) AND WapsInstanceType = 'DB' < ends with an exception. ExceptionText :single select returns more than on row .

WARNING 2005-07-11 17:54:55

The step dialogGetCommonParams with step key SAPSYSTEM_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseSystem|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|DatabaseCommonParameters|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|dialogGetCommonParams was executed with status ERROR.

-

I am not experienced in oracle configuration, so it is possible that the problem is with the litener.

If you have any idea, please let me know. Thanks

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal & Gary,

I'm getting a very similar error.

FKD-00029 Subselect for table tR3loadEnv, column environmentTable with WHERE clause WHERE loadID = ( getContextParameter ('DatabaseName' ) + '_' + getContextParameter ('WapsSystemName' ) ) failed.

The listener is definately running.

I thought it mught be something to do with the environment variales. Actaully I'm trying to do a BW 3.0B install.

When I searched under the above error it brought me here!.

Please let me know if you ogt around the porblem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aidan

Please post your log file entry as a new post, it will invoke better replies.

Regards

Arun.