cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Receiver Determination Step in BPM work?

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm still in trouble with the Receiver determination step in the BPM...

Normally, when you use the send step, it sends the message in the flow context. Am I right, when I suppose, that when you put the receiver determination step before this send step, the send step sends the message in the context of the receiver determination - that means: if in the Integration Directory, there is receiver determination (with some conditions) and these are matched with the message in the send step, the send step sends it into the receiver, that is defined for the condition and not in the flow context... Right?

Please, write me just your experiences and not links to the documentation. I read it all, but... :O(

Thanx 4 your help, Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The receiver determination step is used to get a list of receivers for a subsequent send step.It makes a call to the receiver determination you configured in the Integration Directory and returns the receiver list.

Here you specify the send context and the multiline container element for the receiver list.

The send context is a string.The send context can have any string value and depending upon the condition in recvr determination you can route to multiple receivers.

Regards

Priyanka

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

thanx for the answer...

I have question.. How can be the Context (just a string) used? in the rec det I write a string... But what happens then? It must have some relationship to something else...

Must be this string be defined somewhere in the Intg Directory?

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the send context of your send step please give unique strings for each destinations(like rec1 or rec2 etc).Then in the ID you can specify the conditions like :

Process step=rec1 send to recvr1

Process step=rec2 send to recvr2 etc.

Good luck

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi priyanka,

I understood the concept of receiver determination step...but i have question..

will we get receiver system name listed down in receiverlist of receiver detemination.?

i am using multimapping for message split.. and sending two separate target file to two separate receiver.. but i am getting error in Receiver determination as

'An empty container element was specified when sending'