cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy with sp12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netweaver-Gurus,

we plan to use EP6 SP12 on NW04. Currently we are using EP6 SP2. In the first step we want to build up a new development machine on netweaver sp12 and do the transport of our customer-content including the own developed components. After the development environment is in a stable way we would like to execute a homogenous system copy from the environment to the consolidation (quality) and later productive machine.

Does anyone have experience/practice on that ?

Is it possible to do a system copy with sp12 ?

Are there any restrictions on a system copy on sp12 ?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Martina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

we don't use the migration tool. As described we first set up the machine on NetWeaver sp12 and then do the transport of our content (manually). My intention was to get a statement about the consecutive homogenous system copy. Are there any restrictions concerning the sp?

Kind regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides having both portals on the same SP there are no other requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have some fresh "insights"???

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to do this. The correct procedure is to install the target system to SR1 (SP9). Then make sure your source system is at SP2 Patch 5. Run the migration tool, following the documentation. Then upgrade the target system to SP12. The content migration tool must have an SP9 system as its target. You cannot use the migration tool on a SP12 server.

Thanks,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I already run over this document. As far as I could see there was nothing mentioned about the sp-level. So I was wondering if anyone made any experience on that. I heard a rumor that there might be any restrictions.

Any advice?

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the document describes the general procedure, which certainly is SP level-independent. It is an official document and should be up-to-date with the latest SP released (which is SP12).

Anyway, I personally did not try that... so you could also wait and see if anybody with some "fresh" insights would follow to this thread.

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there's a system copy guide on the SAP Service Marketplace that should address all your questions - have you seen it? In case not, here's the path to it:

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> Release 04 -> Installation -> SAP Web AS -> SAP Web AS 6.40 and Related Documentation -> Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems based on SAP Web AS 6.40

or a quick link: https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001700332004E

Hope that helps!