cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access XI Server from client machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there everyone,

I am unable to access Integration Repository and Integration Directory from a Client Machine from a web browser. Whenever i do so, i get an error message saying

"Authorization Error , Unknown User name or Incorrect password"

I logged on with the same user name and password with SAP GUI.

thanks

chan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chankya,

1) Check can be a firewall issue.

2) Check wether sufficient roles have been assigned -> Tcode -> SU01 -> roles tab. These roles need to be assigned to your username

SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC

SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_SLD_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_BPE_CONFIGURATOR_ABAP

SAP_XI_BPE_MONITOR_ABAP

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_ABAP

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

SAP_XI_MONITOR

SAP_XI_MONITOR_ABAP

SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE

3) On the borwser go to TOOLs -> Internet Options -> Delete File and Cookies ones. Clear all the temporary files from the drive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanakya,

If you can't access the web page when going to transaction sxmb_ifr, then its probably a firewall issue. You will have to speak to a network administrator to allow you to use the ports you need.

If you can access the web page from transaction sxmb_ifr and only have a problem logging on then maybe you should wait and retry.

When a user is created on the ABAP stack, that user does not immediately have access to the java stack. This is usually solved but waiting a short while and then retrying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanakya,

Not sure if you have found a solution yet. But this is basically because of authorization problem. I suspect even if this authorization is given to you even at later step again u will face the problem saying u cannot edit anything in IR or ID.

So talk to you XI Admin and get the authorization access to you IR and ID. And even I assume you should not be able to get the SLD access too. This also needs separate authorization i suppose. Your Admin who gave User Id should be able to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've faced this problem due to the firewall restrictions on the 50000 + SID100 + 00 ~ 50000 + SID100 + 20 port range while accessing from the client machine. The error was due to firewall settings but is reported as an authorization error. ABAP stack i.e. connectivity from SAP GUI uses different port range and is probably allowed an thats why you can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi joshi,

Thanks for the answer but still how did u overcome it.

please let me know. thank you

regards

chanakya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think U Don't have Sufficient Role Assigned User Name

Regards

Khanna