cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Is it possible to have 2 routes to be the same in a transaction or for a customer?

I need a clarification of my understanding. Route determination seem to just be between points A and B (for example). However, what if there are various other ways to get from A to B? E.g. there are two paths A-X-Y-Z-B, and A-C-D-E-F-B. How does route determination choose which path to take? This is coming from a business scenario i have to provide a response to asap.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

route determination: in 6 simple steps in the standard SAP.

1. create the routes and stages either under img= sd= basic functions= route= define routes and stages. or under logistic execution - shipping- shipping point and transportation - routes- define route andstages.

2. define transportation zones.(under same menu but under route determination)

3. define transportation groups ( under the same menu)

4. define storage conditions under picking (under the same menu)

5. assign transportation zones plus country to the shipping point.

6. assign the picking location to determine the storage location automatically when u r creating the delivery for the order.

ex: shipping point plant storage condition+ storage locations.

that ends the matter.

reward points if it is helpful.

regards

KR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luqman,

As per my understanding for your thread,

Only one route get determine for the transaction or for the customer.

Hope you are ware of the that the route will get determine on following factors.

Departure country zone (Shipping Point) +destination country zone (Ship to Party) +shipping condition (CMR or Sales Doc Header – Partners + Transportation Group (Material Master) +Weight Group (Optional) = Route. (0VRF)

Plant determination in the sales order: System will search first for Customer material Info Record, if it is not maintained there it will check for customer master record, if it is not maintained here also system will search for material master record..

Route can be determined in sales order with the help of 5 parameters: depart country, shipping conditions in customer master record, transportation group in material master, destination country, and weight group.

Weight group plays a vital role. The purpose of route determination is like in scenario's where company will ship goods to the customer in various ways not only that it has optional of having n number of routes select the best one & based on his customer priority (time & money.) for sending samples company will go for air, for delivering ordered goods it can go for different mode of transportation & routes.

Please Reward If Really helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

The example what you gave has the same starting point and the same destination point. But that doesnt mean it is the same route. It will be identified as two different routes in the system having different stages or border crosssing points or load transfer points.

The route will be determined based on the standard route determination criteria. You can offcourse overwrite this manually.

hope this helps

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luqman,

As far as I've understood, you can have alternate routes for one route but you need to define it ith combination of Transportation Grp and shipping conditions. Moreover in delivery you can redetermine routes by going to IMG > SD > Basic fns > Routes > Route Determination > Define routes by delivery types and define allowd actual route by proposed route.

Hope it's clear

Reward points if helpful

Samier Danish