Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material determination

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have two materials mat1 and mat2

Can anybody give idea how i have to determine Mat2when the stock is not available of Mat 1 .

and how i have to determine Customer specific materials.

regards

bvdv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

also pl check this link.

<a href="http://www.sap-img.com/sd028.htm">Material determination using AV. check</a>

Thanks

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks sadhu

can you give some more advises pleaseon this issue and how we have to specific materials in material determination

regards

bvdv

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can select substitute reason in material det i.e automatic, in for alternate mat field maintain the same no of original material and click on right tab, here you can maintain other or new materail if original materail is not avilable.

system will replace the materail based on seq mentioned in the alt material list(based on avl qty)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In Material Determination, when maintaining the condition records in VB11. First enter the material entered, then material & reason etc. After this select the line item and Click the alternative materials button and give the alternative material and check MRP Indicator.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Item Proposal or Product proposal:

"Item proposal is same as product proposal & SAP uses the two terms interchangeably.

"An item proposal is a list of materials and order quantities that can be copied into the sales order. Items can also be selected from a list and copied into a sales order."

1) Use transaction [VOV8] to configure the document type ("MS" for product proposal).

2) Use transaction [VA51] to create a proposal.

3) Enter the item proposal on the sales area data (sales tab) of the customer master record.

4) In [VA01] to create a sales order, Select Edit & propose items."

Material determination:

"Material determination uses the condition technique to swap one material for another when certain conditions apply. Material

determination is triggered by the material entered in the line item of the sales order.

Use transaction [VB11] to create a material determination condition record. And [OV12] for configuration of material determination.

Material determination is useful when old product is becoming obsolete or a new product is released by the company at specific date."

pls reward points if the answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks prasanna & murali

my exact requirement is when the mat1 stocks are not available mat2 has to come into order when mat1 having suffecient stock for order no more determination of mat2

i think you got my correct doube

regards

bvdv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create the Material Determination using the t.code: VB11 and condition type as A001, and enter the material and its substitute and in the Proposed reason tab: Maintain the reason as Availability and create the sales order.

when the Material A is not available material B will be given

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R