cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SID in System Copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are about to start the Homogeneous system copy. I am very much comfortable with the procedures and the following activities. I have a strange doubt regarding the handling of an SID.

Say, I am having the data to be exported from DEV(Source SID) system to PRD(Target SID). So the Data DEV to be imported into PRD system. So What is the effect on the import of the SID data of DEV to PRD. Do we need to change any settings in the Database\SAP level after the import.

Please Help!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unless you use a DB specific method then the dump which is created when you export the source system will be "SID" independent. You then specify your new SID when you are installing the target system and sapisnt will handle everything with the exception of a few post installation tasks.

If you use a DB specific method the schemas and tables in your database will reflect the SID of the source system, this is not necessarily a problem and will work with the new system SID. However, if you wish you can change this at DB level aswell.

Regards,

David

Please reward with points if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the client size is small (< 500 GB), you can use client copy method

Regards

Madhu

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If the client size is small (< 500 GB), you can use

> client copy method

>

> Regards

> Madhu

which is not supported by SAP when building new systems...and: r3copy/r3load is by far much faster...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly, you should do system copy from Dev to Prod.. if it is only example, you can ignore my mesg..

For SID change, you can perform the following:

- DB: listener, sqlnet, init* files..

- CI/DI : Profiles, printers, interfaces, etc

- Change RFC destinations

- Change Idoc settings, if any

- Configure TMS

- Run BDLS to changs the logical system names.

This is not extensive list.. But will give you some idea..

Regards

Madhu

david_malinconici2
Participant
0 Kudos

Changing SID is not a problem.

Import the data into PRD system, afterwards perform all the follow-up activities according to the system copy guide.

Activities include: deleting data from some tables, reconfigure TMS, reassign original object of DEV to PRD (Tx SE06), ecc...

The guide explain the in details.

Hope this helps.