Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when calling an EJB from a web sevice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting the following error while trying to the lookup for my session bean

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Path to object does not exist at java:comp, the whole lookup name is java:comp/env/ejb/MyProcessorBean

here's a part of my code:

String WebserviceFunction()

{

//

Context ctx = new InitialContext();

BiasProcessorLocalHome orderHome =(BiasProcessorLocalHome)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/MyProcessorBean");

//

}

I am using NWDS Version: 7.0.09

SAP NetWeaver 2004s.

I did find some threads related to it but none has been answered or weren't

that helpful in solving my problem.

Thanks

null

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the implementation of your Web service? If it's another EJB then you have to define an ejb-local-ref in the deployment descriptor for that other EJB, like this:

<ejb-local-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/MyProcessorBean</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
    <local-home>your.package.BiasProcessorLocalHome</local-home>
    <local>your.package.BiasProcessorLocal</local>
</ejb-local-ref>

If it's not a J2EE component, there is no java:comp environment naming context (ENC) available. In this case you can look up the EJB local home from the "localejbs/" context, e.g. "localejbs/provider.name/YourAppName/YourEjbName". By default the provider name is "sap.com".

For more information please refer to <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/java/accessing%20ejb%20applications%20using%20jndi.pdf">this article</a>.

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baris Buyuktanir and Vladimir Pavlov for replying.

@Baris Buyuktanir:

Am trying to use and call the session bean from one of my Web service function(my ejb and web service are two separate projects)

Well.... I tried out that option too and it gave me another error saying:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sap.bias.session.MyProcessorLocalHome

@ Vladimir Pavlov:

Actually I created the project as a Java project and converted it into a web service

by creating the VI and WS definitions.

And there is not deployment descriptor (web.xml) in my project.

I tried including it (web.xml with the ejb local ref ) in my project manually but I guess it's not reading from it. Any way of including the reference in the ws-deployment-descriptor.xml. Coz I tried and and it gave an error while deploying my project(web service).

=======================================

Ok!! I Solved it with the help of the link that Vladimir provided.

Initially I was trying to reference the ejb in my ws-deployment-descriptor.xml but it was giving an error while deploying so I tried it in my application-j2ee-engine.xml and it worked.

Thanks to Vladimir and Baris too.

Regards,

Tali

Message was edited by:

talimeren Lkr

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From where are you tying to reach your ejb?

For local references try

ctx.lookup("localejbs/sap.com/yourEARname/yourEJB");