cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call function - via XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to configure the scenario "Distribution of Trip Accounting Results" between two R/3 systems via XI using the BAPI "PayrollTravelExpnses.Post". But I always get an error on a point, where the system checks some informations in the target system, early than the BAPI is called. This system wants to call a function module remote. Then the error occurs.

I have configured everything on the XI side for the BAPI like described in this weblog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

What have to be configured on the XI side to process the remote function module call ??

I think here the error is located.

The function module, which the system wants to call is the module "PA03_PCR_READ".

Many thanks for your assistance ...

Regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I had a scenario in the past where I distrubted HR BAPIs from one R/3 System to another R/3 System via XI. What I found is that SAP call some function module in the BAPIs via destination ....

The only way around was, that we put a core modification in the sending system to look up the RFC Destination so that it finds the XI one instead of the direct link to the second R/3 system.

The best is to debug the source system to see where it takes the destination from.

This might help.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

the system finds the right RFC Destination. But the problem is that the I don't know, how to configure that in the XI system.

Can you give me an advice how to set up function modules on the Xi side ?? I have imported the BAPI Struktures, but I don't think that these BAPi structures handles the function module call.

Also I have followed the implementation guide written by Michal.

It would be nice if you could give me an further advice.

Regards and thanks

Florian