Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paradigm for application development with SOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

reading articles about SOA and found arguments why an enterprise should

now begin to implement SOA. One of these argument is that in application development

there is a changing in paradigm. Newer applications should be developt under aspects

of SOA.

Does anyone have a link how this paradigm look like?

thanks

chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last time, you created the application, you created the object, procedures,etc by yourself or your team.

But, with SOA, you can consume "services" that has been developed by somebody else, No need to <i>reinvent the wheels</i> by making the same function.

So, the trend will be building the services, instead of bulding application anymore.

If there are a lot of "services" providers, including the "services" that has been built by your own, then the <i>application developers</i> will only do integrating the services related to the business process requirements. So, the application development will be done by combining the services only. This is why BPM (business process management) with SOA concept come up.

Just like jigsaw-puzze, you can make so many combinations by using the same components. In SOA, the components are services.

Regards,

Syarif Achmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

last time I created the application I used the already existing CL_HTTP_CLIENT, IF_IXML_NODE, function module QF05_RANDOM_INTEGER and a lot others.

nothing of those existed as service nor does it exist as a service yet nor will they ever exist as services. I don't reinvent any wheels, but build applications, some of which might later be exposed as services.

thinking that building services will replace building applications is a wrong statement in any perceivable means.

there will always be people building applications, people building services and people building(composing) applications from services, which themselves are build on applications.

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

Is there a standard paradigm (like waterfall or something like that) for this kind of development new applications using services? I have to demonstrate this in a presentation. So I would like to lean on more precise statements.

It is also my opinion that reusing services is only a small part of programming new software in the future, but it is one of the main arguments using SOA.

greetz

chris

Answers (0)