cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding field to Auth Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can one provide info about how to Add field to Authorization object?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

In SU20 you can create auth. fields.... there you can assign to auth objects..

or in su21/su22 you can assign auth fields to auth objects and auth objects to auth classes...........

Regards.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though i have tried the same a several times but found tht it doesnt work.

On posting a oss msg to sap it was confirmed tht though we can add fields to authorization object it wont work unless the corresponding abap program is modified accordingly.

When the user completes his or her dialog step, the data is sent to the dispatcher, which passes it to a dialog work process for processing. Authority checks (AUTHORITY-CHECK) that are checked during runtime in the work process are built into the coding by the ABAP developers for data and actions that are to be protected. If the user context contains all required authorizations for the checks, the data and actions are processed and the user receives the next screen. If one authorization is missing, the data and actions are not processed and the user receives a message that his or her authorizations are insufficient.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it through SU21 transaction. However for the need field to take any affect you will have to make changes in the code as well as in SU24.Otherwise it will be pretty much useless.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ruchit,

su21 is for object classes. can you explain stepwise ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

can you please tell me how can i make changes in code in SU24?

Regards,

Aman