cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE gets error from JCO applicaiton

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

we are having interface problem from FSI system (JP Morgan software) links with SAP using SAP JCO.

When FSI tries to post GR to SAP, it generates error BP604, Network XXX budget exceeds

We tried to post in our SAP directly, and the GR was created sucessfully without any error, the error appears only when FSI tries to post to SAP.

I am curretnly working for SAP, and it is difficult to trace this error as i do not know how to debug and how FSI gets error , can anyone please advice on how i can work with this issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its likely your problem is caused by 1 of 2 things:-

Incorrect data

Authorisations.

To be honest, your best way forward is to find out exactly what data is being passed in via the BAPI to SAP from FSI. You should then use that data to call the BAPI manually in SE37 and see what happens.

I think the key thing is that FSI is trying to post via a BAPI - are yuo posting directly in SAP using the BAPI or using the proper goods movement transaction?

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gareth,

we have tried to use that method, i follow their way to pass data and it is sucessful, no error generated.

if it is because of authorization, SAP and FSI uses the same id SAPFSI to post GR, when we posted GR directly to SAP using sapfsi, there is no authorization error triggered .

FSI is using bapi bAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE, that's why we have created a program to use this bapi and post the data accordingly as what FSI posted, no error was generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system generates error message BP604 for the following two reasons:

1)Message BP indicates the area is Budgeting and Planning, In OBA5 for the class BP the message number can be set to react differently one on online processing and other while doing a batch processing. I guess, the setting must be Info or warning while doing online and error for batch processing.

2)The system generates error message BP604 for the following reason:

According to the settings in the budget profile of the measure, the budget distribution should activate the availability control. However, since accesses already exist and the availability control runs against annual budgets that cannot be assigned by the budget distribution in the situation described (budget distribution only for overall values), the system generates error message BP604, which states that the annual budget is exceeded.

OSS Note 599298

Implement the attached advance corrections.

i think it helps you. if its not solve your problem let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ramesh:

thanks so much for the reply.

1) we did not set anything at OBA5 .

if we need to supress the error to be warning during batch processing then we

need to find an exit that the suppression will be triggered only during GR process

2) yes we understood that BP604 will be triggered if budget exceeded based on the budget profile .

For this case : the error was triggered when user pushed GR from FSI to our SAP system whereelse in spro (setting)-budget-Define Tolerance Limits , there is no setting exist to include <b>GR</b> for budget checking, our budget only checks at PR and PO level.

we already did a direct posting from SAP and error BP604 was not triggered, only when FSI pushed to our SAP , it triggered the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-that means you are getting error in background, why don't you test BAPI in back ground ( call GR BAPI in ABAP Program and execute program in background)

- other way is, if possible you can ignore error while processing GRN ( as you said in settings there is no check at GRN level )

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramesh,

thanks so much for answering this problem.

anyways, we had tried to use OBA5, but message no 604 was not set as master data means we wont be able to set the message

well, we are confused of wat to do since this is interface problem and the other party software support is at another country .

i have asked them to write a script that can turn on the debugger to see in which SAP coding the system gets the error message

kindly advice if you still have any suggestion

Message was edited by:

ester johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

functon module BP_GIVE_MESSAGE is returning the 604 error message.

while dubugging BAPI you can pleace the brakpoint at this FN and check it.

inside BAPI there is one perform PERFORM MESSAGE_NUMBER_FILL is doing budget calculation check as follows.

L_DIFF = L_VERTEILBAR - L_VERFUEGT.

IF L_DIFF < 0

IF L_ZEILE = '000'. "Stammdatenänderung "KI4K062708

IF L_GJAHR IS INITIAL.

L_MSG_NR = 601.

ELSE.

L_MSG_NR = 602.

ENDIF.

ELSE. "Belegposition

IF L_GJAHR IS INITIAL.

L_MSG_NR = 603.

ELSE.

L_MSG_NR = 604.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

I hope this help you

please assign the points if it helps.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramesh,

thanks for the reply.

anyways , we intend to debug the program today, so if it passes BP_GIVE_MESSAGE and tirggers BP604 , what can i do to solve this from happening, as i notice that in OBA5 , message BP604 is not allowed to change ..

And it is impossible to change the standard function BP_GIVE_MESSAGE just to cater for this interface problem .

i am out of idea on how to solve this, please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

while debugging check and compare your frontend test data and data passing to BAPI is the same ( while debugging check internal table item data in side the BAPI before posting GR ).

if data is same still you are getting the error then raise the OSS note to SAP.

if you don't want this error at all then you can handle this error using customer exits available inside FN BP_GIVE_MESSAGE.