cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Using Loadrunner

maniksaha
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a very simple application that requires authentication. Upon authentication the application shows the logged in user's properties (from the UME). There is a log off button that the user can click to log off the session.

When I record the Loadrunner scenario with this above application the first part works fine (i.e. the user logs in). However the part of the script where the user clicks the log off button always gives me an error. The error message from the server (Web AS) is:

The Web Dynpro Application 'SecurityTest' has expired. Please restart the application either with the refresh button or click the following link 'SecurityTest'

Has anyone encountered this problem before? My application timeout values are 600 seconds.

Thanks in advance, really appreciate some help here.

Manik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We are also facing the same issue. Could you kindly share with me the correlation file?

My Email ID: Vardhini.Srinivasan@honeywell.com

Thanks in advance,

Vardhini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manik,

Are you able to solve the issue .... Even I am facing the same with Loadrunner and jMeter. Is it something to do with Web AS configuration settings?

I am just testing login and logout of simple WebDynpro application.

If you figured out please post the solution ...

Any pointers on this will greatly appretiated.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manik and Vinay,

The problem you're facing is most probably due to one of the following reasons:

1. Missing/improper correlations. We've done some work in order to find all relevant correlations and create correlation rules for WebDynpro. I can send them to you via email if you wish. Also, I can send you a sample script recorded against ESS for your reference.

2. Incorrect recording/runtime settings. The most problematic ones are "Clear context for each action" in the recording option and "Emulate new user each iteration" in the runtime settings. If you have a multi-action script, both of these need to be set to “off” (please, pay attention: "Clear context for each action" setting is preserved between recording sessions, while every new script is created with "Emulate new user each iteration" set to "on" by default, at least for Web protocol).

This is most certainly the primary cause for your problems.

In general, I would suggest you also to consider the following:

1. Upgrade to the latest LR 8.1. It has many improvements in usability as well as in Web protocol (regeneration etc.).

2. Use SAP Web protocol for WebDynpro/EP applications testing. In this protocol, the default setting for "Emulate new user each iteration" for every new script is “off”.

Thanks and best regards,

Michael Pogrebisky – SAP Solutions R&D, Mercury Interactive Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

Thanks for some pointers, I tried as you mentioned, but I am using 10 day trail edition so still on LR 8.0

I choosen SAP web protocol and does the missing correlations can work on 8.0?

Please can you send the correlations and sample script to vinaykp@hotmail.com, it guide us a lot and appretiated your help.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

I am also facing the same issue.

My application is web application.I am using LR 9.2 and IE8 , OS as Windows XP.

When I replay the script i got the error as Action.c(44): Error -26226: Button not found [MsgId: MERR-26226].

web_button("BUTTON",

"Snapshot=t4.inf",

DESCRIPTION,

"Type=submit",

"Tag=BUTTON",

"ID=pt1:r1:0:pt1:j_id__ctru16j_id_0",

ACTION,

"UserAction=Click",

LAST);

Could you please help me to fix this issue.

What funtion do i need to add to resolve this issue.

I hope, I will hear solution from you.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

Raj