cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP12 upgrade problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please explain to me if I understand this correctly:

SCS03 - SAP central instance (is this the correct understanding)

JC02 - Java central instance (is this the correct understanding)

During the upgrade of the Java J2EE engine upgrade to SP12, when the question is asked of the path toy our central instance. Which one do I issue, the SCS03 one or the JC02 profile.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in your case JC02 is the Central Instance.

SCS03 is called the Central Services instance and it typically runs on the same box where the JCxx Central instance is running. Good luck

atman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SAP web AS, SAP EP, SAP Knowledge collaboration, all running smoothly. The question is about upgrading, to SP12, which order should it be? first install everything and then patch, or first WEB AS + patch and then EP + patch, etc?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me understand this correctly.

do you have 2 instances? if so is one just ABAP and the other is standalone java?

if not, you have one instance and you should use abap+java instance. in this case, it'd be SCS03.

if you do have standalone java, it should be JC02. easiest way to know which, access it's web page. its port usually is 500xx. xx denoting instance number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for Alejandro De Leon's post, you should check out the SP12 stack guide. I'd begin with kernel patches, basis, then j2ee. as stated above, j2ee patch depends on where it's attached to or being stand alone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm just using J2EE instance and I need to apply patches for my landscape, I was just wondering if the order has anything to do with a correct installation.

I ask this because I might want to install another NW component and I don't want to have any trouble with it.

Just troubleshooting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hamish,

When you start the upgrade procedure there is an additional information, which says:

"The profiles are located in </usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/profile>. The central instance profile is <SAPSID>_DVEBMGS<Instance Number>_<Host Name> for an ABAP+Java system (Add-In) or <SAPSID>_JC<Instance Number>_<Host Name> for a standalone Java system."

I think it answers to your question.

Best Regards

Vyara Kehayova