Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check for Configurable materials/Variants of characteristics

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can somebody clearly explain how the availability check happens during Make To Order scenario for a Configurable material, because the values of the characteristics do not have material master in SAP and hence it is not possible to find out any data about them. In this circumstance, I want to know how the A.C. happens for them.

I know that in Make to Stock A.C. can be enabled by means of material variants.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi navneetha

In case of make to order configurable material ,it is obvious that finished goods stock does not exist. And if they are there as u know we check their avialbility by material variant.

SO after selection of characteristics in sales order there is component level availability check and each characteristic may corespond to the component level material not necessarily one to one or so. On PP side we maintain a SUPERBOM which is actually list of materials which will be required in all possible combination with constraints given in config. profile.

I hope this throws light on your issue.

Regards

Mandar

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

If you can post it little detail on the following doubts, I can make use of this.

1. How are the material components for each value of characteristic mapped to the characteristic value.

2. If we end of doing that, wont the masterdata bulge out enormously and hence maintanence also?

3. How do we relate superbom to configuration profile and make it relevant for AC in VC scenario.

4. Shoudl we also use some strategy types to enable AC at component level?