cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Dictionary Usage

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to create tables using the JAva Dictionary...i know that if i am using the java dictionary i have to use the NW custom database ie SAP DB..but my query is ..if i am doing an installation of WEB AS with oracle as the specified database then i should be able to use java dictionary for interacting with oracle??

please help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Please check out the link .This provides the basic definition for java dictionary

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/f9bc3d52f39d33e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

You can create tables in the default data source in oracle

go to visual admin and expand server>services>jdbc connector

There you can find the default data source that is sap<sid>db

If you login through the sql editor using

user name - sap<sid>db

You can see all the tables

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The java dictionary project works on all supported database and abstracts the developer from creating native datatypes. However the the dictionary project works only on the default datasource defined in the JDBC Connector Service

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

If you remember the installation of Web Application Server we are providing a seperate schema for java engine.The java dictionary can be used with that schema only.If you are using different databases you have to create DSN names and have to use the SQL commands for linking with the database.Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

So can i create a scheme for java engine in oracle...if that is posible java dic usage with oracle must be possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

The data types defined in the java dictionary are platform-independant(here meaning DB). The dictionary project created on NDS can be deployed on to any supported database. This with the combination Open SQL for Java allows you to create applications portable on to any DB platform. (Something from the ABAP world ).

Read through explanation on Java dictionary on help.sap.com

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

you cannot create a seperate data source for deploying tables in oracle .The J2EE engine will allow you to deploy the tables in default datasource

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try this link below. It has answers to all questions regarding java dictionary.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/def/frequent... asked questions - java dictionary.faq