cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conditional mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

nice meeting u people again with a new thread.

here i am having three fields for ex:A,B,C. both the three fields have different different values. like A= cat B= 1 C= apple

dog 2 mango

rat 3 guava

here i have to map these fields to the receiver that if value of A occurs as 'cat' then the value of B must come as '1' and C as 'apple'.

when value of A occurs as 'dog' then the values of B and C must be as '2' and 'mango' respectively. similarly for A=rat also .

currently i am using message mapping . will any one help me how to proceed in this situation .

thanks in advance. please help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aavula,

Use the standard if else function in mapping. For the field 'B' you map as If A=cat then B=1 else> if A=dog then B=2> else B=3 (so combinaiton of two if else) and similarly for the field c.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From your question,

Assuming Sender is sending only value A and you have the values for B and C and considering A values are limited then you can do this using Value Mapping.

Value Mapping:

cat 1apple

dog 2mango

rat 3guava

And then use substring operation for B and C.

Regards,

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramana,

Your condition is not clear. Could you give us the source and target structure and let us know the condition.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaula,

Your target structure should be the same and you can use the one to one mapping for this.

Like the below.

XYZ ( )

-- A

-- B

-- C.

Thanks,

Jane.