cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industry Solution for High Tech Manufacturing - how to activate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm Basis consultant installing ECC 6.0 at a client site. The client company has purchased a package from SAP that includes the " SAP Industry Solution for High Tech Manufacturing ."

My question is: how is this installed? Is this part of ECC-DIMP, and thus can be activated after installation of ECC. If so, can this be activated and tested in a newly created client copy, or does the activation need to take place prior to a client copy?

If not part of ECC-DIMP, does this purchase refer to Best Practices for High Tech, which does require additional software. In this case I believe I will need to install the Baseline package for BP, then the specific BP for High Tech.

Follow-up question:

1. Could either of these be installed later, or would that break existing new configuration?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Glen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marian_harris
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Glen, I just saw your posting from two months back and wondered if you had gotten your answer, and if by saying that the client had purchased a package from SAP that includes the " SAP Industry Solution for High Tech Manufacturing ", did they mean SAP Best Practices for High Tech?

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Marian