cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already my XI system is working fine with all the mappings with message mapping and Java mapping.

My doubt is I need to do some enhanacement with the existing datatype am adding 2 fields and if I call's this new structure in the Message mapping the existing mapping will be available or I have to do the new mapping for all field or only for the 2 fields I have to create mapping.

Thanks,

Jane.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

it wont affect as long as you are not changing the root,but to be on the safer side,just create a mapping template with your existing structure and u can use that later on in case you gotta redo the mapping

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding field in the Data type it won't affect the Message Mapping or Java Mapping.

Thanks,

Jane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fraga,

If you are adding two fields to the existing strcuture then the mapping is not blowing off. If you are adding the structure itself then it will blow off. Also by chance if your mapping got lost dont save it. Eventhough you save dont activate it until unles you are satisfied.

Regards,

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Its not the mapping program. We should not activate the data type, coz its the root. Am I right?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Both the datatype and mapping program. Because by mistake eventhough datatype is activated you can manually also delete the fields(since only two fields). But if mapping blows off it may be hard to redo all the mapping. Thats my suggestion.

Regards,

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jane,

If you are adding two new fields then ur mapping will not affect. Your mapping will get lost only if u change the root node.

Best regards,

raj.