Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration data for Sales Order

former_member445996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a huge challenge and will need your help. I need to retrieve configuration data associated with Sales Order rather than Material Configuration data. I have used quite a few Function Modules but they don't work for Sales order variant config data. So far I have used the following FMs using CUOBJ field from line item

CUD0_GET_VAL_FROM_INSTANCE

CE_I_GET_CONFIGURATION

VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION

VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION_IBASE

Does anyone know how I can get that data. Does anyone which tables that data is stored in or any other FM that will get me that data.

Please note that I am not trying to get Material Configuration data rather Sales Order Variant Configuration data.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I use this one all the time, and it works pretty well. ALl you need to do is pass the CUOBJ from the VBAP table, and you have your config.

* Internal Table for Characteristic Data
  data: begin of i_char occurs 0.
          include structure comw.
  data: end of i_char.

clear i_char.  refresh i_char.

* Retrieve Characteristics.
  call function 'CUD0_GET_VAL_FROM_INSTANCE'
       exporting
            instance           = vbap-cuobj
       tables
            attributes         = i_char
       exceptions
            instance_not_found = 1.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich but this FM won't solve my problem. As I mentioned in my question that SKU is not a configurable Material rather a Configured Material. When I use this FM or any other FM to retrieve these values they return the default value of the Configured material. Any idea where these values are stored?

0 Kudos

Did you find any solution to this problem?

Appreciate if you could share the solution.

Thanks

Zoaib

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich This was of help to me