Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional and mandatory fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Scenario : Webserive to RFC/JDBC scenario

Version 1 : old client,old service,old wsdl file

Version1 modification : New client & new service,new(modified) wsdl file.

I have to check whether old client can access the new service or not (Here old client will have only the old wsdl file)

1. I have added some new optional and mandatory fields to existing input datatype, which are not used in the business logic.

2. I have removed some existing optional and mandatory fields from the input datatype which are not used in the business logic.

3. The old client could able to access the new service changes for the above two cases. Is it correct? If yes, could you please give the reason for that?

Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sara,

>>>I have added some new optional and mandatory fields to <b>existing</b> input datatype

If the ewxisting data type is changed, then the Webservice client will no more be able to access the scenario(both old and new version). If you want the client to access the old version then you should create a new scenario where you copy the data types and make modifications to that.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

If you have separated the client w.r.t the the wsdl, the old client will access the old service only because you have directed it to access with your old wsdl.

Regards,

Ramesh P

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that the old client with old wsdl file could access the new service

Regards,

Prateek