cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP xMII & Windows Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to everyone:

I haven't found a post about this issue but, Does SAP xMII runs on Windows Vista? Is there problems with the new IIS?. I'll like to know if anyone has install SAP xMII on Vista, if someone has: can i have some Tips or recomendations?

thanks

Message was edited by:

Cesar Rodriguez Guevara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't really add to xMII running on Vista, but if you are planning on using Vista to develop xMII apps, you may run into a problem.

I haven't been able to find a way to open the Logic Editor from IE7 (which gets installed with Vista, I believe). You may be able to use Firefox to open the Logic Editor.

I haven't had any interest in Vista at all. I'd probably switch to the MacOS before going Vista (but that's another forum...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again:

Thank you both for ur comments. Actually i just want to use xMII in Vista for developing personal tests; but nothing "official"..... I will try to install it and to make some developments and i'll post my results if anyone is interested.

until then,

Cesar R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I tried installing xMII in Windows Vista, it starts installing and everything goes ok but it NEVER ends.....I tried it several times, in different computers running Vista and it just never ended. It doesn't display an error message or anything else...it just never ends....then I tried in a Windows XP and everything worked just fine.

So, It's not possible to install it in Windows Vista....you can install it in a VM with XP in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I'm able to run the Logic Editor in IE7....you should check if you have installed the JRE in Vista. Also check if in IE7 Java is enabled. To check this do the following:

<b>To enable or disable Java</b>

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. If Java is installed, there will be a Java section in the Settings list. To enable Java, select the option under Java. To disable Java, clear the option under Java. When you are finished, click OK.

I have installed jre1.6.0_02 and everything works ok.

I hope this helps.

Antonio M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now you are saying that xMII can be installed on Vista?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

No, I havent been able to install xMII in Vista.

I was just explaining how to access an xMII (installed somewhere else ex. Windows XP) and access it in IE7. (Problem had by Ryan Miller).

Regards.

Antonio M.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Cesar,

It's not supported to install xMII v11.5 on Windows XP or Vista so install at your own risk and let us know the results. Theoretically there should be no difference as long as the New Atlanta, Servlet Exec, web application installs properly. I recommend checking out their website to see if they support it first.

-Sam