cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History of Dialog Processes

Former Member

Hi,

Sometimes we get into a problem that all of our Dialog WPs are occupied due to some reasons and we are unable to login.

It just came to my mind, if we can get a history of the Dialog WPS used, like we have for lets say CPU usage . . on hourly basis.

I have asked many people but couldn't get any answers . .

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Go to Tcode /n/sdf/mon and Create new Schedule.

Run it during your regular business Hours. You will get statistics of WP being used and based on that you can perform your further calculation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I know this.

But I want to have a history like I get for CPU.

EG

DWP FREE

1 8 8

2 8 2

Regards

Vijay

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am not saying it is not possible, there might be other members in the forum who have done it.., however I cannot recollect seeing that ... Alternatively you may try dpmon command at the command line and cook up some crude way of capturing the statistics by teeing... the output to a file and then running a script to capture the dialog table..

Best is put a question to SAP and ask them if there is any such table which stores this information.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the transaction ST03 to get the data that you seek.

Please check the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/25/ece73a39e74d27e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

If you want to check what dialog processes are doing .. check the dialog process logs in the directory: /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<instance Number>/work

you will find many files like dev_w0, dev_w1.. etc.. they correspond to the work process number.. e.g. work process number 0 (as checked in sm50) will have the log in dev_w0 and so on...

this is a rather crude way, however many problems can be diagnosed by view the dialog process logs.

Regards,

siddhesh