cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE CIM SLD implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize if somebody sees it as crossposting and using other people's posts without their consent, but I am doing it in the spirit of knowledge management. Here is the problem I'm experiencing:

this one is a quote from someone else....

"I'm currently doing some tutorials in the NWDS guide. I'm trying to configure the SLD service on the Java Web AS 6.40 Sneak Preview (Slim edition) to connect to an existing R/3 system with a Web Dynpro app. However, entering the following URL returns a 404 Not Found message :

http://<hostname>:<port>/sld

I tried configuring the HTTP parameters with the J2EE Visual Administrator console for the SLD Data Supplier service, but it still doesn't work. If I try to trigger an SLD data transfer, a box pops up saying "Unable to open HTTP connection" among other things. The CIMClient Test also fails.

Is the SLD included with the slim edition?"

This is my own quote:

"Don't have a reply, but have the same problem. Can't get CIMClient to test successfully. The log says the following:

Sending data via HTTP

HTTP call failed: Failed to send HTTP data

Does it have anything to do with other people's firewalls, etc.?

I'm on Windows XP."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at SAP note 891666.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with "slim" version but once you install, there post install procedures need to be performed in order for SLD to work. also, did you load CIM? should be latest version. CR_SAPBASIS needs to be loaded as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh! BTW, port shoud be 5xx00 where xx is instance number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've checked the documentation and even an excerpt http://www.sap-press.de/dateien/gp/dateilistenID-817?GalileoSession=67450662A2-Fr2.WH8w from an upcoming book on SAP Java Development. In both cases, the references point to items that are unavailable like configuring your J2EE with values that are not listed or creating roles/groups for which actions are missing.

I'm spinning wheels here. Without SLD there's no deployment, so all those great demos won't run. So far, I have six different shortcuts on my desktop to take me to different configuration screens, but I'm still coming up empty. Is this intended by SAP or they just don't care...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

let's start from the top.

first, since /sld from ie yields page not found, is j2ee upand running? check smicm from was-abap.

second, check if sap.com/com.sap.lcr, sap.com/com.sap.lcr.saprfc, sap.com/com.sap.lcrabapapi are deployed in vis-admin.

please let us know after checking above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, my slim edition installation lets me do the following:

1. i'm firing off sapmmc on my local machine.

2. the following services start running: msg_server.exe, enserver.exe, and jcontrol.exe.

3. i skip was-abap as i don't have it on my local machine

4. i go to visual admin and check if these components are deployed:

sap.com/com.sap.lcr - NO

sap.com/com.sap.lcr.saprfc - YES

sap.com/com.sap.lcrabapapi - YES

5. shouldn't i also see sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld? (i don't have that one either)

6. what is my next step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

there's your problem. lcr used to be sld. what it stands for, only germen knows. start it up and see if that will lets you display sld page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may come off as a stupid question, but how do i start it/them? In the Deploy service, i tried putting it into a directory but I got this error: "Cannot convert ear file."

BTW, in Windows, I can see two sld zip files under this directory: C:\usr\sap\<SYS>\SYS\global\sld\model

but i'm not sure how i can upload/deploy/start them from within the visual admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can import the CIM definintions, which you download from SAP, from inside the sld. You go to CIM content and then Import. The navigate to the zip file. The reason that you already have the zip files in there is that SAP ships the sld with a baseline of information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you cannot start SLD, you cannot load CIM.

If you tried to start it from vis admin and got the error "Cannot convert ear file.", somewhere, installation is not complete.

to start it from vis admin,

server -> services -> Deploy -> click radio button "Application"

select sap.com/com.sap.lcr then click "Start Application"

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have stopped and restarted:

1. sap.com/com.sap.lcr.saprfc

2. sap.com/com.sap.lcrabapapi

i don't have sap.com/com.sap.lcr,

when going to 'SLD Data Supplier' service i get the following error:

"Error while loading service SLD Data Supplier

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.sldserv.vaclient.ClientManagement"

i'll try shutting down and restarting the server now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swell, i have uninstalled the previous instance and installed a new one. When starting it for the first time, Visual Administrator has thrown this exception, (otherwise no change from prior installation):

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI.tabForCoordinate(Unknown Sou

rce)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI.setRolloverTab(Unknown Sourc

e)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI.access$1200(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI$Handler.mouseEntered(Unknown

Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.trackMouseEnterExit(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yikes!

you might want to re-load it. something wasn't loaded correctly. does J2EE come up, at least?

Former Member
0 Kudos

J2EE is alive and kicking, but the original CIM/SLD issue remains unresolved which is especially unnerving when the SLD 'seems' available during the installation (it prompts for the ip address and port). Also, i can connect to a 'remote' SLD but localhost/127.0.0.1/192.168.2.1 remain a mystery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I am also struck with the same problem.

Pls. let me know if u happen to find any solution..

Thanks,

Vasu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if it is in the slim edition but based upon the fact that it isn't at the url my guess would be that it is not included.

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the installation routine, SLD can be checked to be included. You enter 'localhost' and 50000 then, the rest of installation remains unchanged. Then you need to go to the Visual Administrator to configure the SLD service and this is where it fails. URL comes only after that. Would like to know what makes it fail in the Visual Administrator for J2EE. Different Java runtimes installed on my machine? Firewalls on my home network? Conflict with VPN? Corporate proxy servers? Anything?