cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in JDBC receiver Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error while sending data to SQL server 7.

<b>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: JDBC Adapter configuration not initialized: null</b>

But if i change the communication channel to point to SQL server 2000 DB, it works fine, Only changed the Server and DB.

Is there some difference in configuration for SQL server 7 and 2000.

Thanks for your help,

Vinay Mallapu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

did you install proper driver for SQL server 7?

if not then please do that first

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

do we need to install 2 drivers SQL server 7 and SQL server 2000. Basis says SQL server 2000 driver should work.

Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

have a look in the following discussion,it looks like the drivers are different

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks aamir,

Previously i was not getting any correct error saying this driver is not compatible, but now i have been getting error in RWB saying this SQL server 2000 driver dees not support SQL server 7. It seems to be a know problem with SAP too as i checked with my basis team and he did some search on OSS notes and that proved it.

Here is the error i got in the RWB.

Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://XXXXXXXX;databaseName=XXXXXXX': SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]This version of the JDBC driver only supports Microsoft SQL Server 2000. You can either upgrade to SQL Server 2000 or possibly locate another version of the driver.

Thanks,

Vinay.

Answers (0)