cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from SAP to 3rd party calculation engine and answer back to SAP?

former_member476330
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am researching the best method to perform the following.

1) A SAP ABAP program (function module) gathers data from SAP tables and sends this data to a 3rd party calculation engine (not defined at this time).

2) The 3rd party calculation engine process the data set sent to it in step 1 and sends the results back to SAP.

3) The SAP program receives the results in step 2 and updates tables in SAP.

Basically it is this "SAP to 3rd party back to SAP".

We are on SAP 4.6C and have BW3.5 installed also.

Is .Net the technology to use? The 3rd party calculation engine currently does not exist. What is the best solution to deploy the calculation engine? Should the third party deliver a dll or exe that somehow we tie to SAP using .Net or web services?

This is something new to me and our company. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many possibilities for such a scenario and which is the best depends on many factors, e.g. the skillset of the developers creating the 3rd party piece.

A good solution would be to implement the 3rd party piece in Java running on NetWeaver. For such a scenario there is the best framework support from SAP.

You could of cause also implement it in .NET.

For the communication part the main question is if the communication is mainly synchronous or asynchronous. From your explanation I would expect asynchronouse communication. In this case it's hightly recommended to use NetWeaver XI, because it supports reliable messaging. Else you can use either WebServices or RFC.