cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adapter & RFC Function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I read couple of blogs on RFC scneario when in a program the RFC F/N module is called and in other blogs a sender RFC is configured. What difference does these two approches make out and whats the significant benefit when i use a RFC F/N module in a program and when i configure it in CC as sender. Also under which circumstances we go for these two approches.

thkx

Chakoo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>whats the significant benefit when i use a RFC F/N module in a program and when i configure it in CC as sender

basically, you will be importing your RFC program in to the Integration Repository and perforing the necessary transformation functions etc.. and to communicate with your backend system you need to configure RFC adapter (CC).

regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thkx friends

Former Member
0 Kudos

okie so even when i call rfc f/n module from a program shud i configure rfc sender CC?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>okie so even when i call rfc f/n module from a program shud i configure rfc sender CC? </i>

>>

yes. In case you want to send the information to XI you should.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thkx shabarish. i read ur blog but in that case u havent configured sender CC? doesnt the message goes to XI?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

of course RFC adapter needs to be configured

refer;

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

there it is documented as;

<i>Configuration :

Assumption :

1. We have a Business system or a Business service ready to use.

2. The Sender agreement, Receiver agreement , Receiver determination and interface deterimination steps will be done by the reader.

There are two adapters we need to configure for this scenario, a RFC sender adapter and a SOAP receiver adapter.

For configuring your RFC sender adapter refer this blog which gives you a detailed step by step procedure.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops i'm sory i missed the part where u had given a link to configure rfc adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

okie so for sender RFC we NEED to configure CC even though the program is executed in a report program? excuse me for my silly question but for having more clarity i'm asking this. hope the forum never minds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Program ID Identifies Your RFC Uniquely through out the SAP System

So there is no Excuses to create the Sender RFC CC

Regards

Khanna

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>okie so for sender RFC we NEED to configure CC even though the program is executed in a report program?</i>

yes Chaku, that is the only way that XI can receive RFC data from an R3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and anything to be done at SLD with reference to the RFC destination?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>and anything to be done at SLD with reference to the RFC destination? </i>

>>

no nothing extra needs to be done.

All you need is to have a Business system for your R3 in your SLD

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go tru the like below on Sender RFC Adapter,

-Troubleshooting - RFC and SOAP scenarios

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

-Configuring the Sender RFC Adapter - step by step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

-sender RFC (forum thread)

Hope this helps.

-Prasad Babu.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC F/N is called in R3 in a report and then for that data to come into XI we configure the RFC adapter.

Suppose there are 2 parameters that we pass from an RFC , this we can do using a report. But how will that value come into XI ? For such a scenario where RFC is at the sender side of XI, we configure the RFC adapter.

Ref:

Sender- /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

trouble shooting rfc/soap -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

And for a realtime scenario ref;

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2