cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody tell me as in RFC scenario , wt does it takes pass by value or pass by reference ?

Thx,

sofia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Strictly <b>pass by value only</b>.

Regards

chandra

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>To be able to call a function module using the RFC interface, the function module in question must be flagged as being remote-capable in its properties, and for its interface parameter, only pass by value is allowed. Even for table parameters, a pass by value is performed implicitly. Within the system in which they are defined, remote-capable function modules can either be called using the RFC interface, or like normal function modules. The normal call is made using the statement CALL FUNCTION without using one of the additions DESTINATION, STARTING NEW TASK or IN BACKGROUND TASK. When making the call using the RFC interface, you must either specify the special destination "NONE" (see below), or you must perform an asynchronous or transactional RFC without specifying a destination.</i>

Ref more at - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/09680289c751429ab3b07ad2a61c10/content.htm

Also to configure RFC adapter as a sender ref: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Further ref:

trouble shooting rfc/soap -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EITHER RFC / BAPI <b>PASS BY VALUE</b>

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

pass by value

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its pass by Value! If its Remote enables then you should put as pass by value. If its not Remote enables then its Pass by Reference.

For more info go tru

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/22/0424ba488911d189490000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

-Prasad Babu.

Message was edited by:

PrasadBabu Koribilli