cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channels, Connections to FTP, weird problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 2 open FTP connections that show me problems, thery are different ftps so i think that could be a SAP problem too, specially after reading notes 889410, 927840

The message monitoring shows problem with 2 interfases, each one of them has its communication channel, the logs of the communication channel shows:

-

2007-07-31 11:18:09 Error Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 530 Login Failed for User FTPSUN03

2007-07-31 11:18:09 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 530 Login Failed for User FTPSUN03

2007-07-31 11:18:09 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 530 Login Failed for User FTPSUN03.

-

2007-07-31 07:36:26 Error Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.Exception: ftp access error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

2007-07-31 07:36:26 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: java.lang.Exception: ftp access error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

2007-07-31 07:36:26 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: java.lang.Exception: ftp access error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused.

-

Weird, because if I try to connect to both FTPs from the SAP server, the connection goes OK.

I chatted with the communication admins and they see the following log at the firewall:

Product: VPN-1 Pro/Express

Interface: eth-s2p1c1

Protocol: tcp

Service: ftp-pasv (21)

Information: TCP packet out of state: First packet isn't SYN

tcp_flags: RST-ACK

They say it's something about "ASYNCHRONOUS TRAFFIC", that the firewall detects that the FTP is responding to a different machine that made the petition.

THAT is possible. WHY? because we have a cluster, and each machine has 2 names, and 2 IPs, one real and one virtual. I mean that, for example, the machine R1 is also called V1, one is the real name and other the virtual name, and the petition could come from the virtual and the FTP could be trying to reach the real name, or something like that?

The problem is that When I see the "Adapter Monitor" --> FILE logs, I see 6 servers (I send it attached) and I don't know when the interface tries to send the file via communication channel, which one of the 6 tries to use?

is that something that should be limited? I mean, Do I have to specify... somewhere, the virtual name that creates the FTP connection?

what kind of tests would you do?

Is it something that could be fixed upgrading patches? My adapter engine goes SP 14

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/07/26/troubleshooting-the-file-adapter-last-updated-on-02-july10 - does this help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/

> 7009 - does this help ?

"socket exception normally implies a network connectivity issue. Check if you can connect to the FTP server from your XI server. Try to ping the FTP port from your XI server and check if it works fine"

XD

yes, I tried ping